Tuesday, February 27, 2024

 Crush Depth


The crushing weight of grief and hurt

almost steal my breath

with it's biting pain of rejection and loss.

A one-two punch that leaves my heart bleeding

with hopelessness a choking darkness

that smothers even as it rends.

I have been here before.


But, God says I must keep going,

even as I choke on the blood

that pores from my savaged wounded heart.

What worth can I possibly have

to the God of Heaven I cannot guess

if I have no worth at all to anyone here?

And worst of all I did it to myself;

In my hope I flew too near the Sun.


I apologize for my dark mood,

and I am sorry for adding a dark tint

to what was supposed to be only fun.

But the tears are literally tearing themselves

out of my eyes aganist my will,

as total darkness falls around me

and the inner screams began.



Franklin

02-27-24

No comments: